What I Did This Week: December 4-10

I didn't realize until writing this that I actually didn't see any theatre last week that wasn't for a review. I had a busy week writing for BroadwayWorld though as I don't have too much time left in London before I'm home for a month so I want to get in as many articles as possible.

Heritage Sites & Museums
On Saturday, I went to a brunch-time lecture event at Kensington Palace called "Queen Victoria on TV." It was with the production designer Michael Howells of the ITV television series Victoria, which I love. It was so fascinating to get to hear more about how they recreated Victoria's world. I wrote up a little summary of what he shared on my London blog.


BroadwayWorld
Monday night, I saw The Melting Pot at Finborough Theatre. It was a very good production of an incredible play. While there was some fumbling of lines and some questionable costuming, the show itself is terrifying relevant for a play written about anti-Semitism in 1908. You can read my review here.

On Friday night, I got to see The Hound of the Baskervilles, a hilarious and charming telling of the classic Sherlock Holmes story. I was so impressed that all fourteen roles were split between just three men! You can read my review here.

Finally, on Saturday, I went to the Royal Albert Hall for the first time to see the live action Beauty and the Beast film with a live orchestra. What a wonderful event and what a gorgeous venue! I definitely want to go back and see something else there. You can read my review here.


For interview this week, I got to speak to the lovely Michael Fabiano, an American opera singer with some fascinating ideas about the future of opera. He also is the co-founder of a non-profit called ArtSmart that gives free voice lessons to underprivileged children. You can read the interview here.

I also wrote a rather emotional and honest blog post about Hamilton for BroadwayWorld this week. I addressed why I think it resonated in the States and why I think it will be the same here, along with how the musical has personally affected my life. Do give it a read here.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig