New York City: Day Three

Our third day in New York City started off with the walk from our hotel (in Times Square) to Rockefeller Center. At the restaurant there, I had a delicious "PB&J French Toast." 


After brunch, we walked to the American Girl Doll Store for Hannah to shop and explore. I was absolutely enchanted by the redheaded Bitty Baby! After months of saving up, Hannah bought herself Caroline, whose stories are set during the War of 1812. (I have to admit that I'm impressed; I didn't even know about the War of 1812 at her age and I'm a history major!)
I convinced my parents to walk to Schmackary's because I'd heard so many good things about it. It was even better than I expected! They have so many types of cookies, with flavors like Red Velvet and Maple Bacon. I had a funfetti cookie and it was out-of-this-world delicious. (They ship nationally, so I know what I'm telling my parents I want for my birthday in September).


We belatedly realized that it was our last chance to retry stage-dooring Les Mis (it was raining and gross the day we saw the show) because they don't have shows on Monday. So we practically ran from our hotel to the theatre in time to catch Kyle Scatliffe (Enjolras), Andrew Kober (Innkeeper/Ensemble/Star of Vlogger 24601), Caissie Levy (Fantine), and Nikki James (Eponine). We weren't close enough to the barricades to get pictures with them, but we did get autographs! They were all super sweet; Kyle called Hannah "sweetheart" and she still hasn't stopped talking about it! I'm still terribly upset that we missed Will Swenson, Chris McCarrell, and Samantha Hill though.
That's Hannah's head in corner of all these pictures.
I'm absolutely obsessed with Pret-A-Manger and I sincerely hope to move to a city with Prets once I graduate. After dinner, we walked a block to Magnolia Bakery, home of the famous cupcakes. They were delicious! 



Blogger Template Created by pipdig