New York City: Day Four

Our fourth and final day in the lovely city of New York started with a long walk. Perhaps it wouldn't have been that long a walk, but we took a wrong turn and then had to back-track. Thankfully, I love walking around in the city! At least we got to walk past Radio City Music Hall, which Hannah and I freaked out over a bit. It was so crazy to see it on the Tonys recently, after having been there myself. 

Our first stop was the Museum of Modern Art. I'm not typically a huge fan of modern art (Impressionism is about as late as I go), but Hannah wanted to see all of the paintings that she'd studied in her art class. I did get pretty excited over an iconic Andy Warhol and a helicopter that reminded me of Miss Saigon. The restaurant there is lovely and I had a delicious prosciutto panini. 

Thanks to a tweet from my friend Christina, I realized that Corey Cott (current Jack Kelley in Newsies), Liana Hunt (current Katherine Plumber in Newsies), and Ben Fankhauser (original Davey in Newsies) were working at Schmackary's for a few hours as part of Broadway Bakes. Schmackary's does Broadway Bakes, in which different Broadway actors sell cookies at Schmackary's for a few hours, to  raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Incredible cookies plus the chance to see Corey Cott again? Of course we went! (My parents were perhaps even more keen on the idea than I was.) 
Corey Cott photobombed my selfie with Liana!
On our way back to the hotel, we stopped by the Imperial Theatre one last time where we all took photos with the posters. This is sadly the closest I got to a selfie with Ramin Karimloo on this trip.
Benefits of Poster Ramin: You can stroke his face without it being (incredibly) weird
We ate dinner at Hard Rock Cafe, where my dad loves seeing all of the guitars and I was quite excited to find one of Billy Joel's motorcycles. After that, we had to go to the M&M store (I made a bag of M&Ms in my school colors) before heading back to the hotel to pack up to return home the next morning.

This concludes my series of New York City posts. We had a fabulous time and I can't wait to return to the city (in hopefully not too long). If you have any questions about recommendations for what to see or eat, you can ask me in the comments or tweet me @barricadegirl. 
Blogger Template Created by pipdig